WEATHER

The National Weather Service forecast indicated a drop in the wind for Tuesday afternoon.  But when the Scuba Adventure crew returned to the Florida Sea Base, the wind was still gusting in the 18-19 knot range.  (The wind did lay down, just later than forecasted.)  The current forecast calls for 8-9 knots today.  Hope for the best and prepare for the worst; that’s the nature of high adventure!

SCUBA

The crew completed their scheduled dives despite a lot of gastroenpukeulitis on behalf of the divers.  The dive boat left the dock around 09:30 expecting a drop in wind speed around noon, but that did not materialize.  The divers gutted it out and returned to the Florida Sea Base around 15:30 (3:30 pm).  We had scheduled a night dive (due to the weather forecast) but postponed it until tonight or tomorrow night.

SAILING

The sailing crew was in for shore leave yesterday.  They too were hoping for a little less wind, but still accomplished all of the planned activities for the day; small boat sailing, stand up paddle boarding, kayaking, tubing and volleyball.  Meanwhile, Captain Giuseppe was working on his second boat, S/V Endeavour.

Capt. Steve Willis
Professional Scuba Bum™
Aboard S/V Escape

Leave a Reply